You either go against people who live and breathe Destiny and have teammates that can’t tell right from left, or you go against people that stare at walls and expect the wall to move out of the way while being paired with people who can click a head the size of a single pixel.
The amount of raw crutching I see is downright insane too. People want to whine and cry about Hunters but we have [u]NO[/u] abilities that allow us to zone lock like a Titan or Warlock, we don’t have the ability to rapidly heal or gain overshield like a Titan and Warlock and we don’t have the ability to hover 20ft in the air while simultaneously shooting like a Warlock.
The amount of people who want to bash Hunters is genuinely astounding to me because they either don’t know how the class works or they blame the class instead of the player.
This game is genuinely a dumpster fire when it comes to PvP, because if you do not run [b]THE[/b] meta, you’re gonna get absolutely fried by people who are. This game isn’t about skill anymore and hasn’t been for a long time, it’s all about who’s better at farming the best gear and then using it to boast about “skill”.
[u]The only exception I’d say is the people who use slugs and snipers; cause you absolutely have to have good aim or it punishes you severely.[/u]
But to you clowns that want to hide behind a barrier and just spam peak or while camping for OS, and the Warlocks who just slam out Child of the Old Gods while sitting in a rift; Stop crying about Hunters because if we had even half of what you platinum-fed babies get then it would be all over the forums like a wanted poster in 1866.
I’ve rarely encounter a Hunter now in comparison of a Titan and Warlock. Know why? Because the community killed what it meant to be a Hunter and cried to Daddy Bungie that Mommy Destiny said Hunters can actually compete in ability capabilities.
But by all means; anyone who can name more than 3 actual builds that can keep up with the 5-6 Titan/Warlock builds, be my guest. I genuinely want someone to prove me wrong here.
English
#destiny2
-
Edited by Griever: 10/6/2026 8:40:58 PMAny OHK besides knives and snipers I would say takes no skill. But it amazes me how many things people complain make hunters OP but every single time their complaints are either double standards such as complaining about Ensnaring Slam when warlocks and titans have equally dangerous abilities like Drengr's Lash or that one stasis warlock rift aspect, completely wrong like saying invis disables aim assist when it doesn't (if it did, Spectral Blade would actually be good), or they keep targeting the wrong thing like how Weighted Knife "deserves" to be nerfed because of Athrys. Hell, Athrys isn't usually even a threat because the only way that "aimbot" knife is hitting you from as far as the 15 meters it CAN lock onto you would still require the correct angle range on the second bounce and you to be stationary or running in the same direction. Any other Athrys kill is just them saving up the buff for a body shot. And even if they did get their nerfs, there's still more to break. I mean I have builds designed to make several weapons OPAF in pvp at little to no cost. If I wanted to for example I could basically keep up 2 taps with Graviton Spike active indefinitely. I think I could probably get a build going for 1 bursting people with the Whatchamacallit too if I build up weapon stat enough and have Radiant with Gear Shiftx5 which is definitely possible since Ascension can combine with Acrobatic Leap and is AL is bugged so a user could use it for free. I could break gunplay if I wanted to through pure damage.
-
1 ReplySlugs require skill is a wild take and hunter IS the most played class by far in pvp. But I generally agree with everything else.
-
Hunter is the easiest class to play. Kidding yourself if you think otherwise
-
3 RepliesAgreed honestly, theres so many braindead builds on titan and warlock that you literally need little to no gunplay to get kills or collaterals Titans can create diamond lances without the diamond lance aspect equipped...thats bad. Warlocks can get all elemental buddies + threadlings if they change stuff out, that's also bad, plus, weavewalk is insanely busted... Ontop of that, yall can cover far more distance as far as movement, certain movement abilities can literally debuff or protect you just by sprinting or blinking. Yet hunters get nerfed to the ground over mask of bakris when its literally just blink but on the ground. Same with radiant dance machines in crucible, now don't get me wrong, the dynamo mod was busted, but that was literally in gambit and no sane person enjoys gambit unless there's a weapon they want. Stasis with RDMs was fun, but it was a gradual freeze, not instantaneous like warlock rift or melee, or titan diamond lance and uppercut melee. I feel like most of these comments either 1. havent played hunter enough to understand the abilities. 2. Have only seen clips or edits and just assume hunter are broken cause a content creator said so. 3. Don't understand their own ability kits enough to actually be good/ haven't experimented with build crafting 4. Or they're just genuinely terrible when it comes to pvp. My only complaints aside from the obvious is how hitboxes feel and dmg registration. (Also...why are 180s 2-tapping?) i don't know if its servers or what but ive been getting too many hits/hitmarkers but no actual damage being done, ive had the damage sound play but no actual damage done especially with precision/accuracy weapons, Snipers, slugs, certain hand cannons (Erianas, Ace) 4 headshots with ace, radiant memento mori plus kinetic surge, and for some reason, they just severely delay my dmg to the point i get killed too fast and the rest doesn't happen. Then they just....proceed to lag off the map.
-
21 RepliesHunters have too many PvP tools. I will die on this hill: that class alone has terrorized PvP for too long and this game ended before a proper tuning could happen.
-
3 RepliesYou been here 11 years and just realized Destiny pvp is a joke? Lucky you lol
-
Edited by Ares-14: 10/4/2026 9:15:01 PMI recently got a friend into d2, and he mained titan in pve. We played some crucible and he complained that the movement felt clunky, so I told him to make a hunter. There was no bias of me telling him which was better, and he immediately felt a difference in the movement. I think that does show that hunter movement is better than the other two classes. My ideology for crucible is that you pick your class based on which jump you like, and your weapons based on what feels the best for you. I'm not huge on builds in pvp.