I’ve been playing Destiny for years and I’ve bought almost every expansion. I clearly like the game and I’ve invested a lot of time and money into it.
But sections like this in Starcrossed are exactly the kind of thing that make me want to stop playing.
I reached the late jumping section in Grandmaster with 10 revives left after successfully clearing the combat encounters. I then lost all of them learning a badly telegraphed jump under a low ceiling.
Difficult platforming is not the problem. The problem is putting a trial-and-error jump this late in a long mission with limited revives, where a player can lose an otherwise successful run because they don’t already know the exact geometry.
After years of playing and buying the expansions, this kind of design is just frustrating rather than challenging. It doesn’t make me want to improve — it makes me want to turn the game off.
Please either make these routes clearer, place the hardest platforming earlier in the mission, or stop fall deaths from consuming limited revives.
-
They love their jumping puzzles. Worst part of the game imo.
-
Solution…..go run it on normal mode with no revive tokens, & then keep doing this jump until you got it down. It’s really not that hard once you’ve learned it.
-
Swap to grapple grenade + eager edge. Then swap back. Adapt & overcome
-
Star crossed is one of the shortest missions in the game. I can beat it in about 8:30 minutes on ultimate. This is entirely a skill issue