Hello Bungie Support,
I’m reaching out about an issue with my Destiny 2 expansion licenses.
I originally played Destiny 2 on Xbox using my Microsoft/Xbox account, where I purchased several of the Destiny 2 expansions. My Microsoft/Xbox account is no longer accessible to me, but I still have access to the Bungie account that was associated with my Destiny characters and progression.
I now play Destiny 2 through Steam using that same Bungie account. My characters/progression are available through Cross Save, but the expansions I previously purchased on Xbox are not available on Steam because the licenses are tied to the original platform.
I understand that DLC licenses normally do not transfer between platforms. However, I wanted to ask whether there is any possible way Bungie can help with my situation, such as verifying my previous ownership and providing access to those expansions on my Steam account, or any other account-recovery/license accommodation that may be available.
I currently don’t have the money to repurchase the expansions, and it is especially difficult because these are expansions that I had already purchased and used on my original account. I’m not trying to obtain expansions I never owned; I’m hoping there may be some option available because I lost access to the Microsoft account that held those purchases.
I’m happy to provide whatever information I can to verify my Bungie account, previous Xbox account, or ownership of the expansions.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I really appreciate any help or information you can provide.Q
English
#Help
-
Edited by viiTactiiCZz: 10/2/2026 11:44:14 AM[quote]However, I wanted to ask whether there is any possible way Bungie can help with my situation, such as verifying my previous ownership and providing access to those expansions on my Steam account, or any other account-recovery/license accommodation that may be available.[/quote] No, Bungie will not bypass the platform restriction nor will they just give you a Steam code for the collection. Valve want their cut and Bungie aren't going to cover it - if they make an exception for you then all the others that purchased the expansions or had their request denied are going to throw a fit because you were given an exception and not them. For what its worth, the expansions are on sale for up to 90% off right now with Edge of Fate and Renegades being around 50%. That may be more manageable for you at the moment. [quote]because I lost access to the Microsoft account that held those purchases.[/quote] Work with Microsoft to regain access to the account.