JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help - Destiny 2

Help us help you.
9/29/2026 11:52:18 AM
2

I did not get any lost encryption bits in my looted golden chests and scraps

Hello I have been doing the required steps on the Pale Heart to unlock the Khvostov auto rifle, I have unlocked everything required (campaign completed, all cysts completed, 16 motes of light, all primordial mote of light unlocked) I then later realized after opening all golden chests that I hadn't received any encryption bits. Now all the golden chests have disappeared and I can't loot the scraps anymore... is there any way to fix this?
English
#Help

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • The bits don't come from Cyst completions, its from looting the rubble piles inside them. You're missing 5 of the 6 piles from Cysts (they check off the triumph once looted). Once you've looted all of those piles, regardless of how many lost encryption bits you have within your inventory - the ones you have will combine into the code. This video shows the 6 locations, you have already done Sword Dance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akdm8-8ST44 If a rubble pile is not showing, make sure you aren't in a fireteam with someone that's already collected it and then beat the cyst before looking for the pile. If a specific cyst is not active (or cant be flipped to) progress through more Alone in the Dark quests as they are required before the piles will spawn. You can track your progress using the Journey -> Triumphs -> Pale Heart -> World -> Secrets -> 'One Mans Trash...' triumph.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    2 Replies
    • I also would like to add that I have defeated all overthrow bosses. Instead of getting encryption bits while opening chests, I received gear

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon