Hello Bungie Support,
I’m a returning Destiny 2 player, although I’m essentially starting again as a new player on a fresh account. Since coming back to the game, I’ve experienced an unusually large number of connection-related error codes, primarily WEASEL, and I’ve never experienced anything like this with Destiny 2 or other games before.
The WEASEL errors can occur at different points. Sometimes I can reach character selection, where my character may take an unusually long time to load, while other times I receive WEASEL before I can even select my character.
I’ve already done quite a lot of troubleshooting. I updated my MediaTek Wi-Fi drivers, tested different Wi-Fi adapters, disabled my VPN, tested another Internet connection/mobile hotspot, monitored my connection for packet loss during the exact moment WEASEL occurred, and checked Destiny 2’s Network Data. My normal Internet connection remained stable during the disconnects, and Destiny reports Moderate NAT with UPnP successfully using port 3097.
Since I’m starting fresh, I’m also planning to test Destiny 2 through different platforms/account setups, including the Xbox app on PC and Epic Games, to see whether the same errors occur outside of the Steam version.
At this point, I mainly want to understand why I’m receiving such a large number of error codes despite my Internet connection remaining stable. Could you please check whether there is anything associated with my Bungie account—such as an account restriction, authentication issue, Cross Save issue, or another account-side problem—that could be contributing to these disconnects?
If everything looks normal on the account side, I would also appreciate any information about what could cause repeated WEASEL errors across these circumstances or what you would recommend testing next.
I’m genuinely interested in getting back into Destiny 2, so I’d really like to figure out what is preventing me from playing normally.
Of course, if the exact cause is difficult to determine, that’s completely understandable.
I appreciate any help or information you can provide.
Thank you.
-
1 Reply
MagixxsOnline - old
Additional Technical Report – Destiny 2 WEASEL Disconnect Hello, I am adding this report to my previous message regarding the persistent WEASEL errors I have been experiencing in Destiny 2. Since submitting my original report, I performed additional troubleshooting and captured the disconnect using Wireshark. New findings: - The issue was reproduced again while capturing all traffic from my active network interface. - Destiny established a TCP connection from my PC to 172.97.56.200:7500 at approximately 10:45:57.115. - At approximately 10:46:52.842, the remote endpoint (172.97.56.200) initiated termination of this TCP connection with a FIN packet. - This was followed by TCP reset activity during the connection teardown. - At essentially the same time, Destiny UDP traffic with 205.209.22.37:3074 was still flowing in both directions. - There was therefore no corresponding complete loss of network connectivity when the TCP/7500 session was terminated. This is particularly notable because Destiny uses the TCP 7500–7509 range according to Bungie's network troubleshooting documentation. I have also verified during a WEASEL disconnect that: - Destiny2.exe remained running. - destiny2launcher.exe remained running. - BEService.exe remained running. - Windows reported BEService as STATE: RUNNING with both WIN32_EXIT_CODE and SERVICE_EXIT_CODE equal to 0. This makes a simple Destiny process crash or BattlEye service termination appear unlikely. Previous troubleshooting already included testing different Destiny installations/platforms, a different/new account, different network connections including mobile data, network stack resets, updated Wi-Fi drivers, a clean Windows boot, and removal/disablement of potential VPN/virtual network interference. The WEASEL error continued. The packet capture therefore appears to show that the TCP/7500 session is being terminated from the remote side while other Destiny network traffic remains active. I am not claiming that this proves the underlying cause is server-side, since the remote endpoint could be closing the connection in response to another session/protocol condition. However, I hope the packet-level evidence can help identify why the Destiny session is being terminated. I have retained the original destiny.pcapng Wireshark capture and can provide it if required. Please let me know if there are any additional logs, packet captures, timestamps, or diagnostics I can provide. Thank you.