Hi Bungie Support,
I'm a longtime Destiny player who's looking to return to the game after being away for a while. I played primarily on Xbox for years, but I've since moved over to PC and that's where I plan to do my gaming going forward.
I understand that Bungie's normal policy is that expansion licenses don't transfer between Xbox and PC/Steam. I'm not reporting my content as missing or arguing that the policy doesn't apply to me. I'm hoping someone at Bungie might be willing to look at my account history and consider whether a one-time exception or accommodation is possible.
I've been playing Destiny 2 since it was a full-price retail game and still have my original physical Xbox copy. Over the years I've purchased Beyond Light + 1 Season, the Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack, The Witch Queen Deluxe Edition, Lightfall + Annual Pass, The Final Shape, and quite a bit of Silver.
I went through my Microsoft purchase history before making this post. Between the game, expansions and 38 separate Silver purchases, I've spent over $1,000 on Destiny 2 over the life of this account. I also have more than 1,200 hours played. I have the Microsoft transaction history to substantiate those purchases if Bungie needs it, but I'm obviously not going to post receipts or order information publicly.
I'm interested in coming back to Destiny and would like to make PC my permanent platform, preferably through Steam. What's holding me back is the prospect of buying the same expansions again just to access content I've already purchased on this same longstanding Destiny account.
To be clear, I'm not asking for a refund, Silver reimbursement, duplicate Silver, or content I've never purchased. I'm simply asking whether Bungie would consider a one-time accommodation that would allow the expansion/content licenses I've already purchased on Xbox to be recognized on PC/Steam.
If Steam specifically isn't possible, I'd also be perfectly happy using the Microsoft/Xbox version on PC if there's any way my existing Xbox purchases could be recognized there instead. My goal isn't to get anything extra—I'd just like to continue using what I've already purchased while returning to the game on PC.
I realize this isn't something covered by the normal cross-platform licensing policy, so I'm not expecting the forum itself to necessarily resolve it. If a Bungie employee could review the situation or point me toward the appropriate person or private support channel to ask about an exception, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
- Mars Redux
-
Hello there[url=https://tuxydoh.com/images/hi.gif],[/url] Game licenses are controlled completely by the platforms. You would need to reach out to them directly to see if they would allow you to transfer. To be up front, I have never seen or heard of them doing it.
-
Licenses are controlled by the platform. For each platform you wish you game on, you will need to purchase that license for that system. You can contact the platforms you wish to game on and ask if they would be willing to wave said purchase.
-
No. You aren’t entitled to this. Plus, it’s something you would need to address with the platforms (steam, xbox, PlayStation, etc) themselves….as they set the restrictions.
-
Thank you for this. It was just what I needed right now.