Ok so the so called leak about bungie doing it was fake which it was obvious.
But it got me thinking and it's an interesting concept to merge two universes and could make for an interesting story or two.
But I noticed problems .
1. Any well fleshed out universe becomes harder to merge with another.
2. Two versions of earth same species same names.
3. Anything like star wars or destiny that has universal forces like paracausality or the force become a huge plot hole.
4. The two would need to fit perfectly with as little friction as possible.
5. You would need to avoid the oh it's a multiverse argument as that's just lazy.
6. Explain the lore of both universes and why they are only together now with as little retcon's as possible.
7. Finding two where it makes sense to merge.
Yes I spent a good few hours thinking about this lol.
English
#Offtopic
-
This reminds me I need to read the Doctor Who / Star Trek crossover comics at some point.
-
3 RepliesYeah, I agree this concept could be really interesting. Unfortunately, it’s usually just an excuse to bring in another IP’s audience, or to mash stuff together in the hope it breathes new life into things. It really annoys me how companies will spend huge amounts of time and money to create something immersive and believable, only to completely undermine it through some ridiculous IP collaboration or clunky Easter egg. Multiverses, IP crossovers and so-and-so’s completely unrelated “universe”… Eesh!