JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Alert
Marathon will receive an update tomorrow. Players will be required to log in to Marathon again after installing the update. Please stay tuned to @BungieServerStatus for updates.

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.
Edited by Emperor Bell: 2/24/2013 2:13:53 AM
17

How far can you trace your family back?

I've been working on a family tree lately and found some pretty cool stuff that nobody (or few family members) seemed to know about. One 3xGreat grandfather had 18+ children, all to the same woman. Another ancestor apparently helped [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Barton]Edmund Barton[/url] become our first Prime Minister. So anyway, I managed to track my Great-Grandmother's family back to the early 1700s. How about yours?

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Edited by welderman adam: 2/24/2013 6:41:14 AM
    Up until WW2 on my dads side. From what I've gathered, we had some Rusky/Jew blood on the down low. Not much info. My mothers side is Gallagher, [url=http://www.gallagherclan.org/] So basically as far back as any Irish story based on truth and facts can be[/url], hence the big gathering of we're probably related.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • I've got a book downstairs tracing my family back a long ways. Can't remember exactly when the name first appeared and I don't feel like looking for the book at the moment.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • My mom is really into genealogy, so she has traced our family back to around the 1500's at this point.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Late 1600's. Still working on it though. At least that's how far we can get a finite tree with names, places and dates. We know the region we came from before that, but no good details.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Some of my lines go back to the 1300's (royal lines) and some stop in the 1800.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • About 600 years. I also have the -blam!-ing scar that they left.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Not too far. My family is pretty boring.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    1 Reply
    • I know where may family comes from, but not important figures past WW2. I am a mutt, I have roots in two native american tribes (high cheek bones), Vikings(my stature and blue eyes), Mediterranean( dark curly hair). and every where in between.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • 13th century, can go further, but without definite proof.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • Not all that far, probably two hundred to three hundred years.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • Edited by A dumd figit: 2/24/2013 2:49:11 AM
      all the way back to the tribe

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • I can trace my first name back to the 1600s, I don't know how much further because I never have. I'm the ninth by the way.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • I know my dads side came over during the civil war and my mom's is a mess of 15 different races getting it on.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • Edited by Dovahkiin: 2/24/2013 2:35:53 AM
      I can trace my family's history back to the early 1700s. After a bit of research, I've found a few interesting individuals.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • 0
      I don't know much about my family history. However, I have a friend who claims he can trace his family back to Gaius Caesar.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • I know I'm related to Lewis of the Lewis and Clark expedition, but I can only trace back to as far as my grandmother

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • I can trace both sides of my family to the 1700's, or about 10 Generations :P I'm a 7th Generation New Zealander! (My Mum's side of the family was one of the first to arrive here in New Zealand!)

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon