JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
10/9/2026 5:17:06 PM
3

Old guy restarting destiny 2

Hello everyone, I have been playing this game since the launch of Destiny. I was very excited to get the game and play it. I have had a really hard time following the story line throughout the whole game. I gave up after I bought Destiny 2 and all of the vaulted stuff and the fact you had to purchase every new download. Its been 5 years since I picked up the controller to start playing again. I just bought the bundle for 21 bucks that has everything I need for Destiny 2. Now, i have started again with the storyline and I am still having a very hard time following what I need to do. I am in the shadowkeep quest/story. I have looked at the actual story line, i have looked in my quests for things to do. Still, i can't seem to figure out where to go or what to do? Lol I have never finished a raid from the beginning of Destiny. They take way to long. I am just interested in the story. I have been playing Destiny Rising on my phone with an Xbox controller and that game is really good at keeping you on task and where to go. I dont have the time to do research for this at all. Any help would be appreciated!! I have watched numerous videos on YouTube and still it alludes me.

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • The story in destiny, the playable story, makes little to no sense. There's huge missing pieces & there's seasonal story that matters that's gone forever. Even when you already know everything it goes on tangents of randomness & makes little sense.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • There’s a guide on reddit that might help. https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/s/PSzkugKYZ7

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    1 Reply
    • Checkout the Destiny 2 New Player Guide, Part #4 [url=https://help.bungie.net/hc/en-us/articles/45297505570580--4-A-Path-for-New-Players]#4: A Path for New Players[/url]

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      1 Reply
      You are not allowed to view this content.
      ;
      preload icon
      preload icon
      preload icon