JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help - Destiny 2

Help us help you.
10/6/2026 10:17:11 PM
1
1
mmB
mmB

Error code Weasel

Hello, I am a returning player and I am completely blocked from playing Destiny 2 on Steam. Every single time I boot up the game, I get an Error Code: Weasel right after the initial title screen loading bar. It occurs after waiting 1-3 minutes regardless of character or what screen im on. I have spent hours troubleshooting and have completely ruled out standard network or account configuration issues. • Account Independent: The exact same Weasel error occurs whether I use my main Steam account (which is linked to my old Xbox profile) OR a completely brand-new, unlinked Steam account. • Troubleshooting Already Done: I have cleared my router's port forwarding rules, enabled UPnP, changed to Google DNS, cleared Steam's web browser cache/download cache, reinstalled BattlEye anti-cheat entirely, and cleared the %appdata% DestinyPC configuration folders. Since it happens on a fresh account and over a mobile cellular connection, there is something broken with how the Steam version of the game client validates my PC's platform handshake with the Bungie servers. Can a Mentor or Bungie Support agent please look into this or provide guidance on how to fix this specific Steam loop? Thank you.
English
#Help #Errorcodes

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • Hello there, Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand you're encountering a persistent Weasel error code. We're sorry to hear of this, as we can imagine the impact of such an issue. By any chance, did you recently link a Discord account to your Bungie account? If yes, does unlinking it resolve the occurrence of Weasel? Please let us know when you can, and we'll review.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    4 Replies
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon