His ego clouds the truth. The Truth surfaced in his ignorance....
[quote]ENTRY 2
-06-
//-update(-echo(HANNU:quartz, SITEX:mistletoe))
On Europa. We lurk like summer vampires in the caskets of our SMILE
pods. Our frames labor on the ice, building a cathedral to the sciences.
Radiation is very bad outside; even my assistant has taken ion damage out
there. Pleased to see him healing flawlessly, vacant and empty as he is.
What if this perfect self-repair is the REASON the exos degrade?
I sulk in isolation as the crew works. My pride is wounded. [u]Did I expect
Clarity to come out and greet me? "Hail to Clovis Bray, first among men?"
Yes, absolutely, I did! The lunar artifact promised me a solution to the
indifference of the cosmos. It told me I was unlike all others—and, damn
false modesty, damn vanity, I am different! Not for my present qualities,
but for my future influence. I shine with noon's light, reflected back
through time to this age of dawn.[/u]
Perhaps the mind heals itself still, and this causes the billboarding,
the stereotyped behavior, I'm going to be the LUCA of all interstellar human civilization.
the final crash.
[u]It is a mistake to imagine that the Greatest Man, the God-Emperor of
History and Ruler of Circumstances whose influence reaches to the end
of time, will live in the future—in the full flowering of human glory. [b]That
man lives NOW, at the tiny bottleneck before the vast explosion[/b], when it is
still possible for an individual's decisions to touch the entire species and set
the course of all future choice.[/u]
Self-maintenance so absolute that it becomes a static loop? Investigate.
I said all this in my book, but my son's book still sells better. I suppose
because Clovis Points is a much more approachable title than Competitive
Immortality Through [u][b]Primogeniture of Future-History Ontogeny/Rephylogeny
(PFHOR).[/b][/u] My son's work appeals to those intellectual infants in the
retronationals, and to the parasites on Common Compassion support.
Obviously they prefer the softened, pre-chewed version of the truth. And
there is also that bump of public sympathy for a dead man...
Yet I cannot deny that, in simplifying my legacy, my son has improved its
reach. He was the one to formulate the famous two-sentence summary
of PFHOR: [u]"Most of our energy should be spent in support of the things
that are most like us.[/u] This is the only true responsibility of any living
thing." And the slightly less famous addendum: "The best way to spend
energy is on things that make more things like us."
[u]Children are viral replicators of our ideas. But there is a certain terror about
them. They alter our legacy, mutate it—as Clovis II modified Competitive[/u]
-07-
[u]Immortality Through PFHOR[/u] into Clovis Points. What if my children
decide on some key amendment, some ineffable change, which makes my
legacy no longer mine? How can I be reborn through the eternal recurrence
of my life-logic if what my children pass down is the logic of some other
Clovis, some flawed copy...just as Clovis II was a flawed image of me?
A flaw that I created in my clumsy eagerness to make him flawless.
My second-boldest decision during my son's development was to replace
Clovis II's mitochondrial DNA, normally inherited from the mother,
with my own. I had to know that I was in his cellular engines, powering
his existence.
It was not that change which killed him.
But it is the fear of being replaced by a faulty duplicate that will kill me, if I
put off my brain upload much longer.
I have a library of scanned volunteers aboard Hannu, but my own
consciousness is not among them. A Moravec upload is slow and inadequate;
what if there are quantum-informatic elements to the mind not captured
by such crude mechanical means? No. I insist on that perfect, terminal
quantum snapshot. For reasons of fidelity, the only perfect and lossless brain
scan is also a destructive one. A fatal one.
Clovis II died in one, after all. I made the
vessel to recieve him, but I lacked the Alkahest, the solvent to render it pure.
But I dare not make the leap to a new body until I know that body works.
And so far, the exobodies are universally fatal.
I must finish the exobody work to become the LUCA. The one true divinity of man.
To do that, I need Clarity.
And Clarity is here. All the signs point to it.
[u]If I succeed—no forgiveness for those
tight-fisted Ishtar tools. I know they had working prototypes.
They could have shared.[/u]
CORPOREAL STATUS:
Body at 35.5 C. Pulse 30 BPM, strength
modest. BP 90 over 60. Resp 6 breaths/
minute. Pulse ox 140, to reduce free
radicals and peroxynitrite.
Today's blood mix is pure perfluorocarbon
with new modified monocytes.
New kidneys functioning well. Donor pig
sacrificed, brined, prepared as seared pork
chops.
-08-
Sous vide is for prissy nerds. Poor Whitford. I wonder if I should reduce the volume
of my stem cells introduced to the pig blastocysts. I feel too much empathy for them.
Does PFHOR compel me to take better care of Clovis-pig chimeras than ordinary porkers?
Yes...but only to the extent that they can contribute to my legacy
with cloned organs and good eating. No guilt!
NOTE—SAVAGING
-09-
The term for parents destroying their own offspring is "savaging."
It was a problem for pig farmers, in the days when we raised livestock. Sows
attacked their own piglets. No one has ever worked out a good explanation.
One theory is that the mother pigs are frightened by their young. Terrified
by these strange, noisy, needy things.
Evolution is not a perfect optimizer. A trait like "fear of own offspring" could endure
if piglet mortality is already high.
The ancient biologist August Weismann believed that we age to make
room for the next generation. That we are programmed to die to leave a
space for our offspring.
Perhaps the sows simply acted in self-defense.[/quote]
[url=https://www.destinypedia.com/Mysterious_Logbook]Mysterious Logbook[/url]
Credit: Destinypedia
[It's MY IDEA]!
While simultaneously explicating that it wasn't, he destroyed the derivative of his consciousness to ensure the edict was followed.
An echo of command from [quote][the] man [that] lives NOW, at the tiny bottleneck before the vast explosion.[/quote]
That's Durandel, not a man.
Looks like a man.
You might have met him in the Dark Forest.
And the PFHOR were his collaborators.
Not an idea.
A species from a different universe.
[b]•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••[/b]
[quote]The one true divinity of man.[/quote]
Maya was working on the same thing 👀.
[quote]"I hope I get it right this time".[/quote]
Do you remember who said that?
😇👍💠
Destiny and Marathon are "siblings" that share the same DNA.
P.S. I made another topic related to our Dark Future and what I would like to see done with the revival of vaulted content here:
[url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/265349126?sort=0&page=0]My dream for the Red War and the other campaigns...[/url]
-
2 RepliesEdited by Sol, The Architect Mind: 10/4/2026 3:34:39 PMI hadn't opened that book in a minute. Just had to get me back into pondering about quantum, and FTL thought. Seeing things like. ~"noon's light shining back to the age of dawn" And stuff like... ~"future history" (which is always so good and really fits cycles and the term Destiny) I know people have their own popularized version of things, from soft whispers heard through doors. What I still think is very much a bigger story arc? Of-course to me it's the FTL thought of Warmind, and clovis creating exo bodies for human hosts, and all the thoughts of creation, and how to achieve it (where to someone time and space are just an after thought). In FTL thought, a version of itself can speak back to the present (perhaps like a guide, but either way potential paths, or potential Destiny's), and help design favorable outcomes. It also kind of harkens back to "it always wins, I am alone", which version talks back good or tyrant? Also, given what we know, could Clovis have met a version of himself used as a puppet by something the witness could do. Ahh, but willpower and purpose, like movement on a chess board. It would be pretty annoying knowing the future is technically history already written, and you're just inching towards it. Oh well, I was doing so well, I shouldn't have come back to these forums, trying to take my mind away from Destiny, quantum mechanics, computer science...and just play stupid fantasy games, watch hockey and college football, and not think about our own potential future as already written...in so many different books.