JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Alert
Marathon will receive an update tomorrow. Players will be required to log in to Marathon again after installing the update. Please stay tuned to @BungieServerStatus for updates.

Help - Destiny 2

Help us help you.
10/3/2026 1:33:42 PM
1

Removing friends Xbox account from my Bungie.Net

I’m a PlayStation 5 Destiny 2 player, I recently purchased the game on Steam and I wanted to link my Steam account to my cross-save. But then I realized one of my friends who has an Xbox that I sold to them years ago has their Xbox account linked to my Bungie.net. My friend has expressed interest in playing Destiny after the recent news, but I’m worried we won’t be able to play together if he can’t create his own account. I’m asking if you can remove the Xbox account from my Bungie.net.
English
#Help

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Bungie don't remove accounts from Bungie profiles under any circumstances, and due to last years March 25th linking change making platform account links (except Twitch and Discord) permanent - you cannot remove it either. With cross-save being active, if they attempt to sign into Destiny 2 while you're signed in on PSN or Steam then you will be error coded (weasel) as you can only be signed in to one at a time. There was mentions over the years that without cross-save being active that you could have multiple accounts linked to the same Bungie profile signed in at once - you'd have a bit of a problem joining each other though since the /invite command may not work on your name. This comes with the additional problem of losing access to your PSN characters on Steam. For your friend to play while you keep access to your characters, they will need a different platform account than the one you have linked.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon