That they're retcon'd....
🙃
Kinda', not really.
But seen and experienced from the new perspective we have about our role in the story.
Right?
Nine just told us. We are the Eggmen. Who said that 4 years ago 😉?
And prior Toland told us, [url=https://www.destinypedia.com/Grimoire:Enemies/Books_of_Sorrow#II:_The_Hateful_Verse]Savathun[/url] told us (I understand why we wouldn't trust her, but she was also talking about herself - that she "WAS" a pawn ♟️ no more).
[quote][b]The worm —[/b]
Carved [u]in my code[/u] by Sathona —
Who should be afraid —
1. It was my father's familiar. I ripped it from him as we fled. [u]It is a dead white thing[/u], segmented, washed up from the deep sea.
2. It's dead, but it still speaks to me. It says: listen closely, oh vengeance mine...
[/quote]
I present to you the White Worm. The precursor of the sentient Hive.
Leading into a new era or a dark future requires, I think, some ends to be tied.
I'm not meandering...
Here's the concept:
Red War - we find out how, where, and from who Ghaul got the tech from. That becomes part of the campaign. Who might avail us to these answers... [url=https://www.destinypedia.com/Lysander]Lysander?[/url]
CoO - getting juicier... we find out about the House of Rain... And under what circumstances our [url=https://www.destinypedia.com/Zephyr_Station_Perimeter]Saint-14[/url] died. The Curse finally manifests... anyone want a spot of tea?
Warmind - We're introduced to [url=https://www.destinypedia.com/Soteria]Soteria[/url] as Rasputin is a fragmented derivative of her. We find out... Ana saved Rasputin 🤞... despite us thinking otherwise... obviously that would be a supplementary epilogue that included the seasonal narrative beats.
I want the outstanding questions and mysteries related to those arcs, some of which we have gotten more information about.
Like we KNOW [url=https://www.destinypedia.com/Mysterious_Logbook#-025-]Clovis[/url] claims at least partial credit for Ghaul's attack specifically related to the light stealing tech & the tech he used to ambush us. In the link not the entry where he says it, but it's in that book. I cite that entry for a different reason.
I want the campaigns updated to not only match the sandbox... I want gaps filled in.
The cliffhangers felled to the dirt.
Forsaken - why was Cayde investigating and scouting the reef? How did the Scorn get the Devourer ammo the Rifleman used to kill [url=https://www.destinypedia.com/Sundance]Sundance?[/url] Do you know who was investigating that? [url=https://www.destinypedia.com/Aunor_Mahal]Aunor Mahal... [/url]because Cayde was a Renegade. Forsaken... AND a Renegade. Forsaken wasn't talking about Uldren because that's not what happened to him... 👀. Why did Katabasis have Cayde's rifle? Who IS [url=https://www.destinypedia.com/Katabasis]Katabasis?[/url] That's the Alias, not his Guardian name. Furthermore, what were the circumstances that led to Calus getting that rifle he gifted to Katabasis? And yes, this IS Forsaken stuff.
Did you ever look at the [url=https://emblem.report/4085986809]Secret Treasure[/url] emblem?
👀
And you know Oryx told us he didn't take Riven? Riven was taken. There's alot of conflict with Season of the Wish, Heresy and what was renamed as the Echo of Command that was speaking to us as if it was the Spirit of Oryx.
Isn't that weird?
That the Spirit of Riven wasn't tied to an Echo... or was it?
👀 You might say no, because that season was before The Final Shape.
We find out EXACTLY what happened with Sjur Eido!
And who might guide us... [url=https://www.destinypedia.com/Jolyon_Till]Jolyon Till?[/url]
My dream is...
That the seasonal narratives applicable to past campaigns are woven into the redux'd revivals to reconcile those mysteries and MORE.
New missions and lore.
What say you Guardians?
I want to remember and cast the bridle off my neck.
😇👍💠
To add: I would go in reverse 👀. Kinda'.
Warmind, CoO, then Red War & Forsaken together. And the reason? I think those revelations are weighted. If my theories are correct, that's the order they should roll out.
Because the Red War and Forsaken mysteries seem, to me, to have the biggest revelations.
I won't be coy, I would be called out on it... if I tried to be.
[url=https://www.destinypedia.com/Lore:Marasenna#Palingenesis_II]Mara Sov[/url]
Remember how Mara said she manipulates the pond stones that defined her path? See the Clovis link above.
Those are the biggest, imo, revelations... and I think that's Red War & Forsaken. That's why you save those 2 campaigns for last.
2nd add:
What IF following those un-vaulted campaigns... it doesn't end there?
That a new campaign takes us back to the very beginning. RoI, tTK, Vanilla D1.
And that's the epilogue expansion of the Light & Dark Saga. Not revisiting the full campaigns, but moments interwoven where Elsie FINALLY has time to explain.
That's brings back Venus as one of the locations. We learn more about the Ishtar Collective there.
We shatter the cycle.
Credit: Destinypedia for the links.
-
7 Replies[quote]Warmind - We're introduced to Soteria as Rasputin is a fragmented derivative of her. We find out... Ana saved Rasputin 🤞... despite us thinking otherwise... obviously that would be a supplementary epilogue that included the seasonal narrative beats.[/quote] No, Rasputin is not a fragmented derivative of Soteria. In fact, they are entirely separate artificial intelligences created under different parameters during the Golden Age. 1. Distinct Origins Rasputin was designed exclusively by the Clovis Bray corporation as an all-seeing "Warmind" to act as humanity's primary interplanetary defense system. Soteria (also known as the Augurmind) was created as a joint venture between the Ishtar Collective and Clovis Bray. Crucially, she was built using captured Vex technology, which gave her advanced predictive simulation capabilities aimed at extrasolar colonization. 2. Peers, Not Parent-Child During the Golden Age, Rasputin and Soteria functioned as peers. When Soteria detected the arrival of the Black Fleet (the Darkness) via her simulations, she actually forwarded the telemetry data to Rasputin, who evaluated and confirmed her analysis. They cooperated on emergency contingency plans to launch colony ships. 3. Who is the Fragmented One? The idea of a "fragmented derivative" actually applies to Soteria herself, not Rasputin: When Clovis Bray I tried to stop her unauthorized colony ship launches, he triggered the Pillory Protocol to lock her away. Before being fully imprisoned in the Mars Ares Spire, Soteria split off a fragment of her own code and uploaded it onto an escaping colony ship. This fragment crashed on Neptune, became known as The Occlusion, and served as the foundation for the CloudArk of Neomuna. Meanwhile, the remaining shell of her main framework was eventually recovered by Guardians and compressed into the Exotic bow, Hierarchy of Needs.
-
8 RepliesEdited by jhermannITJ: 10/2/2026 11:35:23 PMHere's the thing: This had to happen. Otherwise, the refrain always echoes. And I think that song will just shift to... [quote][I lost 20+ seasons of content][/quote] A way to mitigate that, because logistically allowing for native access through those seasons is dubious.... Integrating as much of it as possible into the vaulted content returning, where applicable, seems like something that could be accomplished. Still lofty... but Bungie said they aim to exceed our expectations. This [dream] is that version for me. What I outlined, as a concept, is how you would blow me away. 😇👍💠 I am thinking holistically for all players. I did include some of my theoretical for where I think the narrative is headed with some links to the lore some people might find interesting. But I'm happy wherever the narrative goes. If I were to ask for one thing. I loved the tonic system, if we could get that back... where the tonics worked most places and would provide a dynamic loot pool where you could rotate in armor and weapons... weekly, monthly. It was great for the economy bottlenecks too, imo. A great source for glimmer and mats. Also, 👇🤓👍 [quote]SONG OF LIFE The Song was not always a corruption. It began as a gift, stolen from the Gardener. In efforts to understand the unknowable realities of the orb's incredible gifts, a signal was found—a repeating tune, the Song of Creation. Its frequencies were heard across the stars, wherever life's promise took hold. Some among the Ammonites worshipped it. Some among the Hive did the same. Still others sought to understand it that they might cage it, that they might control it—for to control life is to control death. Such ambition was not new; such ambition was as old as understanding. The melody was captured and studied. The frequencies replicated. But the orb's mysteries were not so easily brought to light. The Song, for all its beauty, did not alone grant life. It was theorized that the Song was not a song at all, but many. That within its refrain, untold rhythms spoke their own truths, free and clear of the whole. Centuries passed. The Song remained untamed. Life moved on. SONG OF DEATH The Choir formed in celebration of the Song. Performances marked the passage of seasons. But the Song's lie eventually began to corrupt the spirit of those who heard its tune. The melody was a reminder. The orb was a catalyst. And the Song was of the orb. Yet, those who embraced the Song were merely instruments and nothing more. Life remained beyond their grasp, while they remained ever in death's. Those of the Choir had given all of themselves. All was not enough. The First Conductor was assassinated by one who sang an Aria of her own making. She, whose name has been stricken, had found notes hidden in the frequencies. Reversed and mirrored in pitch, she weaved them together and sang her beautiful abomination, until the Conductor wept and bled and screamed and fell. The Stricken fled, fearful of her crime. But others found promise anew in her art. The Stricken was captured and subjected to inquisition so that her song might be understood. This was before Understandings—before most things—when the first notes of a new Song were written.[/quote] Credit: Destinypedia Another add: I'd want Forsaken last... And in its epilogue... a cutscene. Eido is sneaking into Mara's library or wherever she kept the eggs. [Looking for clues... secrets]. Mara has already ran, btw. Though the mood is ominous... In a basket in the corner of the room, much like her father found her abandoned. There's an egg that was forgotten and left behind in Mara's haste to flee. It's glowing, pulsing light... From the shadows a dark figure speaks. "Do you know what that is"? Eido, "Oh hello. [nervous] I was just looking for books, I though everyone had left. I'm sorry... are you a scribe, introductions... I'm Eido, who are you if it's not rude to ask"? The Dark Figure... [pauses] for what seemed like an 'eternity' before it spoke again, "I'm you". The darkness parts as the figure steps forward revealing the most magnificent example Eido has ever seen... Of an Awoken. "I've read a lot about you". Eido stands before her namesake, her father's mentor and savior. Eyes like a Neutron Star piercing purple light. Black tempered shimmering metal feathers adorning her chest plate and armor. She was beautiful... more beautiful than Mara Sov. Sjur walks over to the basket and picks up the egg, "This..." Eido interupts, "Is a key... or Dragon egg... it's really both when you think about it..." "You talk too much 'Four Arms'... like your father... listen. This is a child". Eido, "A baby Amhakara.... everyone is going to be so excited"! "Eido! You will tell NO ONE!" Sjur takes a breath and calms herself, "Eido, this is one of Mara's secrets... one of her lies. Yes... a key, used as key... a corruption that birthed the Amhakara. Not a dragon... Eido. A child". Eido, "A Qugu child?" Sjur Eido smiles, "You must keep it safe, Eido". Seemingly out of nowhere another Awoken warrior appears, "No time for reminiscing boss, the Techeuns will be here soon to claim the archive, I found it", Jolyon hands Sjur Eido a book. Sjur looks to Eido, "You like books, Four Arms"? Hands Eido the book as she ushered Eido out of the library, "Keep it safe, keep the child hidden... I'll be in contact soon". [Fades to black]