Hello, I am experiencing a persistent CABBAGE error in Destiny 2 on Steam. The problem started in early September 2026, shortly after a Destiny 2 update. The game launches normally and I can select any destination. The destination begins loading normally, but after approximately 10 seconds the screen goes black,
I am returned to orbit, and I receive the CABBAGE error. I have three Destiny 2 characters, and the problem occurs with all three. I have already tried reinstalling Destiny 2, verifying the game files through Steam, clearing the Steam download cache, deleting CVARS.xml,
trying a VPN, temporarily disabling the Windows firewall, changing character equipment through the Destiny Companion app, and testing the account on a different computer and a different network. The most important finding is this. My friend's Destiny 2 account works perfectly on my computer, using the same Steam installation, the same Windows installation, the same router, and the same internet connection. However, when my friend logged into my account on his own computer and his own internet connection, he experienced exactly the same problem. The game launches, the destination is selected, the destination begins loading, the screen goes black, and after about 10 seconds the game returns to orbit with the CABBAGE error. Therefore, the problem appears to follow my account rather than a particular computer, Steam installation, router, or internet connection. Could you please investigate whether there is an account-side issue, backend or session problem, or corrupted account state associated with my Destiny 2 account? I have already performed the standard troubleshooting steps, and the problem is reproducible on different computers and different networks. Please escalate this for further investigation if possible. Thank you.
-
Hello there, Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand you're encountering a persistent Cabbage error code, even after extensive troubleshooting. We're sorry to hear of this, as we can imagine the impact of such an issue. We have received some reports of Cabbage persisting. At this time, we have taken note of you report concerning your experiences with this issue.