Destiny 2: Beyond Light Guide
Destiny 2: Beyond Light
Go Beyond the Light
A new power is born out of the ancient Pyramid ship above Europa's frozen frontier and a dark empire has risen beneath. Join your fellow Guardians and bring down the empire at any cost – even if it means wielding the Darkness itself.
Dive right into the world of Destiny with Destiny 2: New Light to experience responsive first-person shooter combat, to explore rich worlds with sweeping vistas and stunning visuals, and to earn an arsenal of powerful weapons and armor. Bring your personalized Guardian with you on any platform into a large variety of activities and modes - from cooperative quests, competitive modes, challenging endgame activities, and more.
Destiny 2: New Light is free for all players on every supported platform.
Beyond Light Editions and Pre-order Bonuses
Destiny 2: Beyond Light offers five different editions:
- Standard Edition
- Standard + Season Edition
- Deluxe Edition
- Collector's Edition
- Stranger Edition
Pre-ordering any edition will grant players instant access to items that can be acquired immediately.
The frontier of Europa holds many lost secrets from the past, including the dark power of Stasis. Work with the mysterious Exo Stranger to harness this new power before Eramis, the Kell of Darkness, bestows it on her Fallen forces. Grow your arsenal, command Stasis, and go beyond the Light.
Work with Variks The Loyal and sabotage the Fallen Empire by completing three tiers of pursuits that will unlock weekly challenges, weapon quests, destination materials, and more.
If a Sabotage Pursuit is abandoned, it can be reacquired from the Tower's Quest Archive or by purchasing another pursuit from Variks.
Max Power Level
New Legendary weapons and armor now have a one-year span of time (four Seasons total) that it can reach the Max Power Level through Infusion, and Legendary gear introduced in previous Seasons will have a Max Power Level at the Season 11 Power Cap of 1,060.
Armor 2.0 and Mods
Armor 2.0 is a new type of Legendary armor where players can use Armor Mods and Universal Ornaments that they acquire.
Bring the same set of Destiny 2 characters, gear, weapons, and loot with you to any platform with Cross Save.
Link your platform accounts, choose which set of characters to play on the platforms, and activate!
Season Passes give players access to new content within a Destiny 2 season. Throughout a Season, players will gain access to a new story, tackle new challenges, complete new activities, and unlock new gear.
In Year 4 of Destiny 2, some seasonal content will persist beyond its Season if a player owns that Season’s Season Pass.
||Destiny 2 Install Size
||Storage Space Needed for Installation
|Xbox Series X|S
||70.78 GB||70.78 GB
* PC: Destiny 2 Install Size may vary based on languages installed, size shown is maximum size possible
Installing and Updating Destiny 2
Below are Destiny 2: Beyond Light and Seasonal known issues. This is not a complete list, but a targeted list of specific issues.
Season of The Hunt Top Issues and Vital InformationLast Updated: November 19, 2020
- XBOX players who pre-ordered Destiny 2: Beyond Light need to highlight D2 on the Dashboard, click "Manage game & add-ons" and install the Beyond Light items in the "Ready to install" area. Then, relaunch D2 and view the Cryptarch's inventory in the Tower to claim the pre-order items.
- Season Passes will be applied to the first account that signs in. If you plan to Cross Save but will use another character set, it's recommended to set up Cross Save before logging in. For more information, click here.
- Universal Ornaments will only appear on certain Legendary armor pieces called Armor 2.0. These armor pieces will show an Energy cost on them.
- Stasis subclasses are only available with a Destiny 2: Beyond Light game license. Players who do not own Destiny 2: Beyond Light on a platform, even with Cross Save active, will lose access to the Stasis subclasses.
- The Umbral Infiltration quest step can be progressed with Super Final Blows from any subclass.
- Players who dismantle any of the weekly Stasis fragment quests will be unable to reacquire them and must wait a week before picking up a new one.
- In a Wrathborn Hunt, players must deal damage to the final boss to get credit for the activity.
- The rally banner for the Xillox Hunt is behind the respawn location.
- When you acquire the Lure Upgrade that allows you to acquire 4 Powerful Rewards from Wrathborn Hunts, it only adds 2 charges the first week to the character that unlocks it. The other two will only have 2 charges for the week.
Top Issues Being Investigated
- The Exotic Archive will keep flashing if the player has an Exotic Cipher in their inventory.
- If in a fireteam, the "New Destination: Europa" tutorial can only be completed by the fireteam leader.
- Some players are unable to start the Season of the Hunt intro quest.
- Some player cannot reacquire the Cryptolith Lure.
- Perk veto mods are not appropriately limiting the perks that can drop on weapons.
- The following activities may have a higher potential to trigger epileptic seizures or blackouts. Individuals who are susceptible to epileptic seizures, seizures of any kind, or blackouts should exercise caution if they choose to play or watch someone else play this content.
- When breaking Vex lenses, the screen may flash multiple times.
- In the Last Wish raid, some of Kalli's projectiles may linger and cause major screen flashing.
- We are currently investigating connection issues related to error code BABOON, GUITAR, and ARUGULA.
- Some players report that cutscenes suffer from severe stutter and result in an extremely poor viewing experience.
- Players running Destiny with an integrated graphics card may encounter gameplay performance issues if the integrated graphics card does not meet the minimum required PC specs. They may also notice that the Titan symbol on Destiny loading screens has a triangle facing the wrong way.
- Receiving "Problem Reading Game Content" errors after verifying the integrity of game files.
- On Xbox One, the chat volume slider does not affect incoming voice chat volume.
- On Xbox One, game chat stops being sent when headsets are swapped or re-connected.
- On controllers, players cannot exit Sparrows or scan lore when the Ghost orb is out.
- When using the DualSense controller and playing the backwards compatible version of Destiny 2 on PlayStation 5, the controller rumble can feel very intense. Players can adjust the DualSense Vibration Intensity by pressing the PS button on the DualSense Controller to bring up the system menu, navigating to Accessories > Wireless Controller > Controller Settings, and adjusting Vibration Intensity to Medium or Weak. Alternatively, players can temporarily use a PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 Controller.
Items and Weapons
- The Adored sniper rifle cannot be reacquired from the Collections.
- The Mida Mini-Tool SMG and Drang sidearm acquired from the Gunsmith cannot take their respective ornaments from the Season of Opulence.
- The audio from the Threatening Stance emote is unpleasant to listen to.
- The holograms from looped emotes, such as the Luxurious Toast and Feline Fancy emotes, disappear and leave players in a static position after the first loop ends.
- The One-Inch Punch finisher will not kill enemies if the player has the Stasis subclass equipped.
- Kill-based weapon perks may work inconsistently on Stasis frozen shatter kills.
- The Mida Mini-Tool SMG and Drang sidearm cannot be masterworked.
- The tooltips for destination tokens of removed destinations contain false information. Players cannot redeem those tokens at planetary vendors and should dismantle those tokens.
- The Lumina Exotic hand cannon catalyst cannot be progressed when using the Noble Round healing perk.
- The Titan Exotic chest armor Severance Enclosure blocks progression on the "Brittle Skulls" bounty.
- The Titan Exotic chest armor Heart of Inmost Light does not grant bonus health to barricades.
- The Titan Exotic chest armor Heart of Inmost Light does not grant a damage buff to the Defensive Strike melee ability.
- The Warlock Exotic gauntlets Necrotic Grip will not poison enemies if an enemy's shield is broken with a ranged melee attack.
- New Light players cannot see their Guardian in the Character screen until their acquire a Sparrow.
- The player's Ghost orb may end up in the radiolaria pit if they die over it.
- Warlock's Frostpulse aspect can fail to freeze targets if there is a difference in elevation.
- Hunters cannot regain melee energy from Gambler's Dodge if they are holding a sword.
- When Warlocks activate their top tree Dawnblade Super and use their Dash, the second dash shows a different animation and puts the Dash on cooldown.
Bounties and Quests
- The New Light intro quest is being progressed at the incorrect Power Levels.
- The Crucible Stasis fragment quest "Timeless Victory" progresses inconsistently.
- The "Crucible in Your Sights" quest cannot be progressed with long-range non-precision Guardian kills.
Triumphs and Collections
- Completing Nightfall: The Ordeal strikes with a score of 25,000 or more does not complete the "Complete Nightfall Strike with a great score" Triumph.
- "The Hit List" Triumph is not being awarded after defeating all of the Barons in the Forsaken campaign.
- The "Wanted: The Fanatic" Triumph is not being awarded after defeating the Fanatic in the Forsaken campaign.
- The "Lore of Luna" Triumph is not being progressed from completed Toland patrols.
- The "Deer in Headlights" Triumph is not being awarded after a multikill with the Warlock Chaos Reach super.
- The "Trinity Ghoul Catalyst" Triumph is not displayed in the Triumphs pages.
- The seasonal Crucible, Vanguard, Trials and Gambit shaders are not present in the Collections.
- The Trials of Osiris director dialogue displays the incorrect Power Level requirement. Players need to be Power Level 1210 to participate in Trials.
- The Wrathborn Hunt icon sometimes will not appear on the map.
- Players may get stuck on a black screen or may randomly die when transitioning between areas in the Pit of Heresy dungeon.
- The Taken Blight public event does not begin where the rally flag is placed.
- The Europa patrol "To the Nth Power" cannot be progressed with Stasis super kills as a Warlock.
- Players may sometimes be facing the incorrect way when going through the ascendant portal to the final boss fight in "The Corrupted" strike.
- Exo Challenge activities don't grant a reward for players below the Soft Power Cap.