Purchased Destiny Add-Ons
Destiny Add-Ons allow players to purchase some additional Destiny content with real-world money. Please see below for more information on the available Destiny Add-Ons and a list of troubleshooting suggestions.
Table of Contents
Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Character Boost
Starting on October 15, 2019, all Destiny 2 players will be able to purchase a Character Boost (also called the Season Power Surge) that will bring them to Power Level 1000.
- Only Purchasable After Hitting 1000 Power: The Shadowkeep Character Boost cannot be purchased until a character has reached Power Level 1000 while progressing through Destiny 2.
- Purchased at Character Select: The Shadowkeep Character Boost is purchased using Silver at the Character Select screen. Players that do not have sufficient Silver to complete the purchase will be directed to the platform's marketplace to purchase additional Silver.
- Platform Availability: The Shadowkeep Character Boost is available for purchase in Destiny 2 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia.
- Unlocking All Destinations: Using the Shadowkeep Character Boost automatically unlocks all destinations and makes them available to visit.
- 1000 Gear May Be Sent to Postmaster: Activating the Shadowkeep Character Boost will grant a character weapons and armor at Power Level 1000. If a character's inventory is full, these items will be sent to the Postmaster. Players are recommended to be aware of their Postmaster inventory before activating the Character Boost, as items can be pushed out of the Postmaster. Please visit our Inventory Management Guide for more information on the Postmaster system.
- Activated Immediately: When purchasing a new Character Boost, the Shadowkeep Character Boost will be immediately activated on the selected character and cannot be removed. Players should ensure they have the intended character selected before activating or purchasing a Shadowkeep Character Boost.
- Cannot be Refunded: All purchases and activations of the Shadowkeep Character Boost are final and cannot be refunded or removed by Bungie. Players that attempt to receive a refund for a Character Boost by their platform marketplace may see a negative Silver balance on their account. For more information, please see the Destiny Silver Purchases Guide.
- Deleting Boosted Characters: As part of the Deleted Character and Item Policy, Bungie does not replace or recover items lost from Character deletions, including any purchased Character Boosts that were activated on a Character that was later deleted.
Back to Top
Destiny 1 Class Pack Add-Ons
Level 40 Class Packs are available for purchase as an Add-On to Destiny 1. Once purchased and downloaded, the Class Pack will appear at the Postmaster in Destiny 1.
- Platform Availability: The Level 40 Class Packs are only available for Destiny 1 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Spark of Light: Each Class Pack contains one Spark of Light which can be used to bring the active Character to the advertised Level when activated. The Spark of Light cannot be used on a Character that is already at or above the advertised Level, but it can be used on a Character that is already partially or mostly leveled. Please ensure that the intended Character is the active Character before consuming the Spark of Light.
- Subclass Boost: Each Class Pack contains one Subclass Boost which will max out the currently equipped Subclass on the active Character when activated. The Subclass Boost cannot be used on a Subclass that has already been completed, but it can be used on a subclass that is partially or mostly completed. Please ensure that the intended Subclass is equipped and that the intended Character is the active Character before activating the Subclass Boost.
- Postmaster Inventory: The Class Pack will be delivered to the Postmaster of the first Character that logs in after purchase of the Add-On. If the Character Inventory is full when opening the Class Pack, overflow items will be sent to the Postmaster. The Postmaster can only hold a limited number of items and items may be cycled out of the Postmaster Inventory if that limit is reached. Additionally, any items currently in the Postmaster Inventory will be lost if the Character is deleted. It is highly recommended to always retrieve items from the Postmaster as soon as possible to avoid losing items. As part of the Deleted Character and Item Policy, Bungie does not replace or recover items lost from the Postmaster.
- Deleted Characters: All items in the Character Inventory of a deleted Character will be lost. Please ensure that any Class Pack items have been transferred to another Character or the Vault before deletion. As part of the Deleted Character and Item Policy, Bungie does not replace or recover items lost from Character deletions.
- One Class Pack Per Account: Players may only purchase one copy of each Class Pack per Destiny account. For example, a player on a single Destiny account cannot purchase two Level 40 Hunter Packs, but they would be able to purchase a Level 40 Warlock Pack and a Level 40 Hunter Pack.
Back to Top
Troubleshooting Purchased Add-On Issues
Players that encounter issues after purchasing and installing an Add-On for their Destiny account should try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Wait Up to 30 Seconds: Allow for up to 30 seconds to pass to see if the Add-On content is added to the account.
- Re-launch Destiny: If the Add-On content is not added to the account after the time has passed, log out of Destiny and then log back into all Characters to check their Character Inventories and Postmaster Inventories.
- Sign Out of Platform Account: If the Add-On content is not present on any Character, please close Destiny and completely sign out of the platform account. It may also be advisable to clear the cache on consoles or to restart the Steam launcher on PC. After logging back into Destiny, please log back into all Characters to check their Character Inventories and Postmaster Inventories.
- Check for Successful Transaction: If the Add-On content is still not present, please ensure that the transaction purchasing the Add-On shows as successfully completed according to the platform marketplace, that the purchase was made on the correct account and for the intended Destiny release, and that the Add-On shows as being fully installed.
- Contact Platform Support: If the platform marketplace shows that the purchase was successful, please contact PlayStation Support, Xbox Support, Stadia Support, or Steam Support to investigate potential issues with the transaction.
- Submit Help Request: If platform support is not able to identify or resolve potential issues with the transaction, please submit a help request using the Missing Items Contact Form.
Back to Top
The availability of items, features, or mechanics listed on this page are subject to change. The above information represents the current system as of the date the document was published.
It may take up to 30 seconds for a successful purchase to reflect on the account's in-game Silver balance. If a successful Silver purchase is not reflected on the in-game Silver balance after this time period, please see the suggested troubleshooting steps