If a player wishes to prohibit others from seeing real names within a Destiny game, there are specific settings that must be checked:
PlayStationIf a player has accepted or sent a real-name friend request, this will grant permissions for real names to appear within a Destiny game. It is possible for Close Friends to record and share gameplay containing Real Name information. If a player wishes to share a real-name but prohibit it from appearing within a Destiny game, they must follow these steps:
- Go to the PS4 home screen and navigate to Settings at the top
- Select “Account Management”
- Select “Privacy Settings”
- Sign in to confirm your account
- Select “Personal Info | Messaging”
- Select “Real Name in Games”
- Choose “No One”
- To save your selection, press the Confirm button
XboxIf a player wishes to hide their real name, they may do so by following steps here: Real name sharing on Xbox One.
BlizzardIf a player wishes to hide their Real ID, they may do so by following the steps listed within this Battle.net Real ID FAQ.
SteamIf a player wishes to hide or remove their real name from their Steam Profile, they need to open Steam, click the “Friends” tab in the menu bar, click “Edit Profile Name / Avatar…” and then remove their “Real Name” from their account. Make sure to click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page.
Bungie.net accounts rely on PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, Blizzard Battle.net, and Steam credentials. To ensure account security, please see the following recommendations:
- Do not share account details with anyone. Bungie employees will NEVER ask for this information.
- Use a different password and account security questions for each credential.
- Ensure that any E-mail account tied to these credentials uses an alternate password as well.
- Update passwords frequently.For more detailed steps on updating credential passwords or increasing security, follow these links:
Pass Keys for Xbox and PSNPlayers that share a console with family members or roommates may also want to consider setting a password/passkey on their PSN or Xbox Live Profile:
2-Step AuthenticationAdditionally, players may want to set up 2-Step Authentication for their Steam, PSN, Xbox Live, or Blizzard accounts. For detailed instructions on how to do so, please see the following links:
Please see below for additional information player may need to know regarding account security.
- NEVER give out your Password or Account Email to anyone. Bungie will never ask for this information.
- NEVER click unknown links from untrusted sources.
- Steam Play Proton: Destiny 2 is not compatible with Steam Play's Proton.
- PlayStation Share Play: PlayStation players should exercise caution when using the Share Play feature. When using Share Play, the viewer in control of the game has access to all of the shared account's gear, items, and characters.
- Character and Item Deletion Policy: Whether due to accidental deletion or unauthorized account access, Bungie does not recover manually deleted characters or items, and does not replace in-game items that are lost or dismantled. For more information, please see the Deleted Item and Character Policy.