JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
6/14/2022 2:35:35 AM

Caliban’s Hand and how it kinda works

So I did a solid amount of testing and usage to determine that for the most part, Caliban’s Hand works as how it is intended. If you land a direct hit and kill before the explosion, it always ignites and scorches if it doesn’t kill which is great. The issue is how it works with radiance refunds and melee traits or effects (also some of the mechanics are weird). If the knife is thrown and lands on the ground. It will always scorch an enemy (even if it kills) and never refund a knife. This is contrary to not having the exotic on where the knife explosion (if enemy is killed) will still refund the knife. if you stick a knife on an enemy and the explosion kills that enemy, the same follows with no refund and also no melee perk proc (swashbuckler was my test) Now for the weird stuff. If a knife is thrown on an enemy, but kills a different enemy (not the initial target) that other enemy will ignite and also refund the knife. In Crucible, proxy explosions also always ignite on kill, no need to direct impact. There have been outliers where I have thrown the knife on the ground and it has ignited enemies it has killed in PvE but I cannot replicate it consistently. I’m not sure what is completely intended here Bungie but I sincerely hope that how it performs in crucible is how it should work in PvE because I really want it to be versatile and not just a alternative finisher.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon