Christine: We can hardly believe that we are celebrating ten years of Kilts for Kids, our annual fundraiser that supports Seattle Ronald McDonald House! It is also our Second Annual Kilts for Kids: Stay at Home Edition. We bring you our usual suspects – Christine, Mark, and Forrest – as they highlight how they are supporting their mental health as we all continue to stay safe and socially distanced.MarkChristineForrestOur hearts continue to go out to the children and families who are battling illness throughout the pandemic, which has left many RMHC families isolated and facing economic hardships during a time when community support means everything to them. Help us achieve our $77,000 goal. Head to the RMHC Donation Page to cast your votes for Team Bungie by donating $10 or more before Friday, April 23 at 5 PM PST. Every $30 donated will pay for a family to stay at the House for one night.Need a sweeter incentive? Check out these backer rewards* for donating to Kilts for Kids!
- $50: Receive this year’s unique Destiny 2 emblem.
- This emblem is still in development, and its name is TBD. Unique codes will be sent to all $50+ donors on or before May 20, 2021.
- $100: The prize above, plus receive a postcard, digitally signed by our Kilts for Kids team and mailed to you.
- $250: All prizes above, plus a digital copy of a new and unique piece of artwork made by Bungie’s Mark Flieg himself.
- $1,000: All prizes above, plus a 1-hour Destiny 2 gameplay session with Bungie employees and fellow Kilts for Kids donors**.
- Dates/times will be mutually agreeable and determined upon completion of the fundraiser.
- $2,000: All prizes above, plus the first three donors at $2,000+ will receive one of three hand-painted Destiny Vinyl Goblin figure, themed to past, present, and future.
- These three vinyl figures will be hand-painted by Bungie employees and will be shipped to the winners in late spring.*Rewards will not be automatically redeemed, as we must receive donor data from RMHC before reward distribution. An email will be sent to donors at each prize level at the end of the event, no later than Friday, April 30, with further details on redemption of each prize. Some prizes will be delivered later than this date.**No secrets will be revealed. Bungie employees have the right to refuse answers to any questions that aren’t appropriate to answer.
- Aggressive (120 rpm) Hand Cannons are very dominant in PvP, and we've received enough feedback that we want to rein them in a bit, without completely taking away their range benefits.
- These weapons will now have damage and aim assist falloff distance reduced by between 2 and 4 meters, based on the Range stat.
- This roughly halves the range buff they received in Beyond Light.
- Vortex Frame Swords -- With Falling Guillotine now viable forever, we need to adjust it a little, as its damage output is flat out higher than all other Legendary swords. With this change we allow it to keep its high damage output, but are reducing its full-reserves damage output by reducing the number of Heavy attacks you'll be able to perform.
- Full energy Heavy attack ammo cost increased from 4 to 6.
- Chip damage -- Certain weapons (Swords and Bastion) bypass shields by varying amounts, which has caused numerous issues with Stasis-encased enemies, encounter mechanics, and other content.
- We have removed chip damage from Swords and Bastion.Perks
- Quickdraw -- This perk is intended to provide faster swap speed, but it also passively buffs handling by +100. This completely negates the downside of using low-handling weapons (such as Aggressive Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, and Hand Cannons), which isn't something we want to encourage. Those weapons should have downsides and working around those completely via a perk isn't healthy. We don't think allowing a fast-swap to the Shotgun subfamily with the highest one-hit-kill range is great either.
- The Handling bonus is now removed one second after switching to this weapon, or upon aiming down sights.
- Replaced Quickdraw with Surplus on new and existing drops of Felwinter’s Lie and Astral Horizon.
- Frenzy -- This perk has extremely high uptime in PvE, to the point where it is clearly a better choice than most other damage perks. We like the high uptime and want to preserve that, but want it to award less damage than harder to activate damage perks
- Reduced bonus damage from +20 percent to +15 percent.
- Reservoir Burst -- Now increases magazine size in addition to its other effects, reduced full battery bonus damage from 33 percent to 25 percent.
- Upcoming content requires revisiting the Power Level of a damage perk that can be activated simply by having a full magazine.
- Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more...Exotics
- The Lament -- This weapon is a clear outlier for Sword damage, so for the health of Heavy weapon diversity, we're pulling it back a bit.
- Reduced damage of revved Heavy attack by approximately 16 percent.
- Note that The Lament retains standard anti-barrier despite removing chip damage.
- Bastion -- Since we're removing chip damage, Bastion gets something else instead. We’ve noticed increased feedback on Bastion and higher than normal usage in PvP, so are making a small change here and will revisit Bastion later.
- Intrinsically staggers Unstoppable Champions.
- Increased spread angle by 13 percent.With all balance changes, we will continue to watch how they play once they're in the wild and will look to make further adjustments based on our observations and player feedback.
SUITED FOR COMBAT SEASONAL CHALLENGEThis week we introduced the ninth week of Season of the Chosen Seasonal Challenges. One of the challenges, “Suited for Combat,” asked players to defeat targets anywhere in the system wearing a full set of armor, but it didn’t clarify that the armor had to be the Praefectus Seasonal armor. Only the Praefectus Season of the Chosen armor will grant progress toward this challenge.
“INACTIVITY” IN GRANDMASTER NIGHTFALLSSince the Grandmaster Nightfall was introduced, we noticed that some players who can’t be revived will eventually get kicked out of the activity due to “inactivity.” To mitigate this issue in future Grandmaster Nightfalls, players should open their Character or Director screens and go through their menus to avoid being removed from activity. We are investigating a solution for this issue in a future Season.DISMANTLE YOUR SHADERSBeginning in Season 14 (launching May 11), we are overhauling our shader system and how shaders can be applied to armor. Due to the overhaul, shaders will become permanent unlocks, and all shaders in player inventories will be removed. We encourage everyone to dismantle their shaders before Season 14 begins to receive Glimmer and Legendary Shards.More information about our new shader system can be found here under: “Getting Reacquainted with Adelaide.”
TWITCH GIFT SUB BOUNTY REWARDSPlayers who purchase Twitch gift subs to progress the associated viewer bounty in the Destiny 2 Official Twitch Extension may not see bounty progress appear immediately after purchase. Players should make sure to visit Amanda Holliday in the Tower to verify whether their bounty rewards were granted prior to submitting a support ticket.Those who continue to encounter issues with bounty rewards should view our Twitch Extension Support article.WEEKLY KNOWN ISSUESWhile we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
THE FREEBORN // Intertwined — Otzot Fanart
Please read the story: https://t.co/TYAmK2Oj0t #destiny2art #destinythegame #bungie pic.twitter.com/30l9qXnIcy
— Seryozha Parshakov (@milkpack) April 6, 2021
handheld season of the chosen#destiny2art #Destiny2 pic.twitter.com/HOszFzQ0xW
— 又甜又圆太太 @ save the USPS (@adulture) April 7, 2021
Your role as a moderator enables you immediately ban this user from messaging (bypassing the report queue) if you select a punishment.