For all purposes, this English language version of this Agreement shall be the original, governing instrument and understanding of the parties. In the event of any conflict between this English language version of the Agreement and any subsequent translation into any other language, this English language version shall govern and control.
The Bungie Web sites consisting of Bungie.com, Bungie.net, Careers.Bungie.com, and BungieStore.com (the “Bungie Web Sites”) are operated by Bungie Inc. (“Bungie,” “we” or “us”) or its suppliers. We also provide applications for your mobile devices (“Bungie Mobile Apps”) through which we offer various services (the “Bungie Mobile Services”). Additionally, we make various online services available through our games (“Bungie Game Services”). Together, we will refer to the Bungie Mobile Services, Bungie Game Services and Bungie Web Sites as the “Bungie Services” in this Privacy Statement.
In this Privacy Statement, “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
1. Personal Information We Collect
We may collect Personal Information about you from various sources described below. Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from the Bungie Services if that information is necessary to provide you with them or if we are legally required to collect that information.
a. Personal Information Provided by You
- Registration. The Bungie Services offer you the opportunity to register for an account, which permits you to use additional features offered on the Bungie Services, including Bungie Communities, Forums and the Bungie Store. Should you choose to register for an account you will be asked to provide certain Personal Information such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, payment information, and Platform ID. If you use our Bungie Mobile Services, we may also collect your phone number.
- Community Interaction. If you post any information to the Bungie Services, Bungie Communities, Forums, or other messaging functionality or social or interactive features that may be provided on the Bungie Services, we collect this information.
- Marketing. You may also be asked for additional Personal Information, such as your email address, should you choose to subscribe to newsletters, enter sweepstakes, or engage in other activities on the Bungie Services.
- Purchase. When you make a purchase on the Bungie Store, we collect your name, email, phone number, address, and payment information.
- Customer Service. When you contact our customer service, we may collect your name, contact information, platform ID, information about the Bungie games you play or purchases you make on the Bungie store, as well as any other information you chose to provide to us in the context of your inquiry.
- Business Partners. If you work for one of our business partners or vendors, we will collect your contact details to manage the business relationship.
- Job Application. If you apply for a job with us, we will collect your application information, including your resume and the contact details of your referees, as well as any other information you chose to provide to us in the context of your application.
b. Personal Information Obtained from Third Parties
Social Sign-On. We may collect Personal Information about you when you log into the Bungie Services via Third Party Services (such as Xbox Live, Blizzard App, or the PlayStation Network) or when you link these Third Party Services to your Bungie account. This information may include an authorization token or cookie, meta-information about your device or system, and your Platform ID. You should check the privacy settings of your Third Party Services to manage the information they sent to us and third parties when you connect your Bungie account with Third Party Services.
c. Personal Information We Collect via Automated Means
In addition to information that you provide to us, we may collect Personal Information about you and your use of the Bungie Services via automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and similar technologies:
- Cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to a particular device or web browser, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie. A primary purpose of cookies is to provide convenience and save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page, so that when you visit the site again, the experience will be personalized.
- Web Beacons. Web pages and other content on the Bungie Services may contain electronic images known as “web beacons” - sometimes called single-pixel gifs - that allow Bungie to count users who have viewed that content and to collect other statistics and information regarding the use of the Bungie Services.
The Personal Information we may collect via automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, logging functionality and similar technologies include:
- Web site. Information about your visit on the Bungie Sites, including the pages and other content that you view, the links you click and other actions taken within the Bungie Site. We also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every Web site you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring Web site addresses.
- Mobile. Information regarding your mobile device and other information regarding your use of the Bungie Mobile Apps and Bungie Mobile Services, including your unique device ID, device type, operating system, location information, and other information as permitted by the functionality of such mobile devices.
- Device. We may collect and store information regarding your computer or device on which you play our games if you use the Bungie Game Services, such as device ID, device type and operating system, IP address, and other information as permitted by the functionality of your computer or device. We may collect information about your location based on your IP address.
- Usage. We also may collect usability information from the Bungie Mobile Services regarding Bungie Mobile Apps, and from the Bungie Games Services regarding our various games, such as which features of the app or game are most used.
2. Use of Personal Information
Bungie may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to operate and provide you with the Bungie Services, including by creating and managing your account and delivering the items and services you have requested;
- to communicate with you and respond to your inquiries;
- to process your payments for purchases made on the Bungie Store;
- to enhance, improve, and maintain the Bungie Services, our games, and our other systems, resources, and products;
- to prevent fraudulent use of the Bungie Services;
- to analyze your preferences, interests and behavior in order to provide you with tailored content and the most relevant Bungie Services, content, experience; advertisements and communications, including by combining Personal Information we collect about you from different sources described above. For example, you may link your Xbox Live Platform ID to your Windows Live ID so that your experience can be personalized and to gain access to additional features;
- to send you marketing communications, which may be tailored to you, based on information such as your interests and preferences, and to advertise to you on our Web site and on other Web sites;
- to perform data analysis;
- to process your job application;
- to manage our business relationship;
- to prevent or address potential or actual injury or interference with our rights, property, operations, users or others who may be harmed or may suffer loss or damage;
- to maintain a record of our dealings with you; and
- for other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of the collection of the information.
Here are a few examples of how we use your Personal Information:
- When you subscribe to communications that we provide, we use your e-mail address to send you the communications you have requested.
- If you choose to enter your name and postal address, and indicate in your profile that you’re interested in hearing about our news and promotions, we may use that information for future mailings from us about Bungie news and promotions.
- We use Personal Information and other information that we collect to deliver customized content and advertising to users located in a particular geographic region, or whose behavior, preferences, or characteristics indicates that they may be interested in a particular subject area.
- If you choose to connect your Bungie account with your Third Party Service account, we may send push notices via the Third Party Service to you and your friends for purposes including keeping you informed about comments from friends and providing updates, such as about in-game status, in-game achievements and invitations.
If you are located in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, we only process your Personal Information based on a valid legal ground, including when:
- you have consented to the processing of your Personal Information;
- we need your Personal Information to provide you with services and products; requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries;
- we have a legal obligation to process your Personal Information; or
- we or a third party, have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to ensure and improve the safety, security, and performance of the Bungie Services.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not share or otherwise disclose Personal Information we collect about you, except as described in this Privacy Statement or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of the collection. Under no circumstances will any Personal Information provided to Bungie be sold, submitted or rented to a third party otherwise as described in this Privacy Statement.
We may share the Personal Information we collect about you with:
- Bungie. Our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Other users. Other users to whom you disclose your Personal Information. We recommend you be cautious in giving out Personal Information to others while using the Bungie Services. For example:
- If you connect your Bungie account with your Xbox Live account, your Platform ID, nicknames and statistics such as high scores, may be displayed on Bungie.net and your online presence will be visible to those on your Xbox Live friends list.
- If you disclose Personal Information through the Bungie Services, Communities, Forums, or other messaging functionality or social or interactive features that may be provided on the Bungie Services, this information may be collected, used and disclosed by others and Bungie has no control over how others may collect, use or disclose such information.
- Bungie.net allows you to customize the way your Destiny player profile appears to other users, such as by choosing not to display your Activity Feed on this site. However, your presence in Destiny at a given time may still be inferred by other means, such as when users look up who else was in their game session, or on third-party sites that index all game sessions by player.
DoubleclickDoubleclick Bid Manager & DoubleClick Campaign ManagerFacebook, Facebook ExchangeGoogle Adwords, Dynamic RemarketingGoogle AnalyticsGoogle FirebaseTwitter Tailored AudiencesYandex (for Russian language visitors only)VK (for Russian language visitors only)
- Service Providers. We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as sending newsletters, answering customer questions, fulfilling requests, and performing statistical analysis of the Bungie Services. We endeavor to limit the information we provide to those companies to the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- Community and Fan Sites. We sometimes make available access to an application programming interface (API) for our products. Third party groups and entities can use this API access to generalized aspects of your Personal Information, such as character names and statistics. If you connect your Bungie account with these services, they will be able to retrieve additional elements of your Personal Information, including expanded gameplay statistics or avatar inventories. Examples of these sites could include matchmaking support, stat or performance tracking, or equipment management and comparison.
- Other Third Parties. Third parties, (a) to comply with legal process served on us, or our suppliers, and otherwise when we have a good faith belief that doing so is required by law; (b) protect and defend our rights or property or those of our suppliers; (c) protect the personal safety of our employees or agents, users of Bungie products or services, or members of the public, (d) protect the integrity of the online community on the Bungie Services and games, or (e) as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of company assets, as well as in the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which Personal Information would be transferred as one of Bungie’s business assets. In this event, we will notify you before Personal Information about you is transferred and becomes subject to a different privacy statement.
4. Your Rights and Choices
Marketing Communications. If you receive marketing or promotional communications from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the message that we send. If you have a Bungie account, you may unsubscribe from one or more categories of communications by logging in to your Bungie account and de-selecting those categories of communications that you no longer wish to receive. You may also opt-out from receiving marketing or promotional communications from us by using the Privacy Request contact form below or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this Privacy Statement. When you opt-out of receiving marketing or promotional communications from us, please allow up to 30 days for your opt-out request to be processed.
Even if you opt-out from marketing and promotional communications, you may still receive other categories of communications that you signed up to receive when creating or updating your Bungie account.
Also, even if you opt-out from all categories of communications, you may still receive communications from us regarding your Bungie account, important updates to the Bungie Services, technical service issues, and other administrative matters pertaining to the Bungie Services.
If your e-mail address has changed and you would like to continue to receive communications from us, you will need to sign-up again for the communications you wish to receive on the Bungie Services with your new e-mail address.
Information Collected via Automated Means. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer:
- If you choose to set your computer to accept cookies from a Bungie Service, you may also be able to choose to be logged into that Bungie Service automatically, to select a country of your choice as your default home page, or to select other customized settings.
- If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Bungie Web Sites or the other Web sites you visit.
Please note that Bungie does not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use or visit the Bungie Services.
Access to your Personal Information. If you register for a Bungie account, you may access, review, and update many categories of your Personal Information by logging in to your Bungie account.
European Users. If you are located in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you may have the right to:
- Request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, to update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, to restrict or to object to the processing of your Personal Information, to have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or to exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- Withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information, at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
Those rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. You may exercise your rights by contacting us as specified below.
California Residents. Residents of California have the right to request a disclosure describing what types of Personal Information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and with whom we have shared it, during the preceding calendar year. You may request a copy of that disclosure by contacting us using the Privacy Request contact form below.
5. Security and Data Retention
Security. We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information and have implemented technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the Personal Information you provide on computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities.
If you choose to create a profile on a Bungie Service, you will be required to select a password. This password can be changed once you have logged into the service. It is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always choose to log out before leaving the Bungie Service to protect access to your Personal Information from subsequent users.
Please be aware that despite our security measures, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We cannot, therefore, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Bungie, and you do so at your own risk. Additionally, although we use reasonable security measures to keep your information secure, this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may notify you electronically, to the extent required by applicable law, so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Bungie Services or providing Personal Information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Bungie Services. Bungie may post a notice on the Bungie Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To opt out of receiving electronic notice, you should notify us by using the Privacy Request contact form below.
Data Retention. We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as maintaining access to products you have purchased, the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrolment with our products or services, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
7. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may occasionally update this Privacy Statement. When we do, we will also revise the "last updated" date at the top of the Privacy Statement. For material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you by placing prominent notice on the Bungie Services. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to be informed of how we are collecting, using, and disclosing your information.
8. International Data Transfers
The Bungie Services are hosted in the United States, and we provide the Bungie Services from the United States. If you use the Bungie Services from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer your Personal Information to countries other than the country where you are located, including to the United States.
9. Children’s Privacy
Bungie does not knowingly collect or retain Personal Information about persons under 13 years of age. Any person who provides their Personal Information to us through the Bungie Services represents that they are at least 13 years of age or older. If Bungie learns that Personal Information of persons under the age of 13 years has been collected on the Bungie Services without verifiable parental consent, then Bungie will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained a Bungie account or otherwise provided Personal Information to us, then you may alert us by using the Privacy Request contact form below and request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from its systems.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, you are permitted to view, correct, or delete information provided by you or publicly posted by you, by submitting a request in writing or via electronic mail to the addresses provided in the Contact Information section.
10. Contact Information
Bungie, Inc. is the entity responsible for the processing of your Personal Information.
If you have questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement or require additional information, please contact us.
550 106th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004-5088